We offer community education through courses, trainings, and workshops for providers, peers, and the mental health community.
MHP offers advocacy courses for people in mental health recovery.
- The Systems Advocacy Course provides an overview of systems, strategies, and tactics to advocate about issues that directly impact people with mental health concerns.
- The Reentry Advocacy Course provides skill building for people with serious mental health concerns newly released from prison or jail. These workshops assist participants in obtaining and maintaining benefits.
MHP offers free education to service providers and community-based organizations. We provide trainings in the following areas:
- Mental health education and awareness
- Understanding and accessing benefits and services
- Navigating systems
- Various “Know Your Rights” trainings
Health & Justice Community Workshops
MHP designs community workshops that focus on to empowerment, self-advocacy, reentry, and mental health. These community workshops are an opportunity for peers to gain access and become connected with benefits and other services.
Learn more about attending a training or event by clicking here.